I had a life changing changing breakfast discovery this weekend. I had heard of egg cups but just hadn’t gotten around to trying them until yesterday.
They are quichey but soooo quick & easy. They also remind me of mini frittatas.
This is what you’ll need:
2) muffin/cupcake pan
3) oil to coat pan
4) ingredients of your choice
I was inspired to make them yesterday but I didn’t have a lot of ingredients on hand. When I make these again I’d like to try broccoli and maybe bacon bits.
I did have some peppers and spinach that I needed to use and they worked perfectly.
I used a 6 cup pan but next time I’ll used the 12 cup pan, we ate them all in one morning.
The great thing about these is you can keep them for later and heat them in the microwave. You can even freeze them.
- 9 large eggs
- 1 cup ingredients of your choosing: bacon (no sugar), spinach, kale, broccoli, peppers etc.
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper or to taste
- oil or spray to coat muffin pan
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Oil pan so egg cups do not stick (coconut oil works well) then set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and then your other ingredients. Pour the egg mixture into the muffin tin cups, filling ¾ of the way. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until done.
2. Allow the egg cups to cool for 5 minutes, use a knife to loosen the sides to remove.